Our programming committee is looking for a number of volunteers to help make our monthly luncheons run smoothly and ensure a positive experience for all attendees. We have the following openings:
Education Programming Coordinator
Assist the Director of Education with details and logistics for Teach Me Hows and SIG meetings.
- Vetting potential speakers
- Assisting with scheduling and promotion of the events, and confirming onsite logistics
- Contacting SIG leaders to collect information on topics for event promotion on our website and social channels
- Sending out attendee lists, and posting event survey results
This is a great role for a member who is outgoing, organized and interested in building deeper connections with our local marketing community.
This person(s) identifies anyone looking lost and helps them get acclimated to the event. Requires a willingness to talk to strangers. (Commitment is approximately 30 minutes. Arrive at 11:30.)
These people ensure that the pop up banner, backdrop, and podium signage are setup and clearly visible. Requires 2 people. (Commitment is approximately 15 to 30 minutes. Arrive at 11:15.)
In Your Seat Programs
This person places programs in each set in the dining room. (Commitment is approximately 15 minutes. Arrive at 11:30.)
This person(s) helps to coordinate the flow of traffic and answer questions (Commitment is approximately 30 minutes. Arrive at 11:30.)
Speaker Logistics Coordinator
This person will help coordinate speaker logistics, including transportation, lodging and other local activities.
Social Media Volunteers
The communications team is looking for 2 social media volunteers.
- Research and collect educational content to curate on AMA Richmond’s social platforms and write a social post for that content for Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Schedule social posts on each platform using Hootsuite (or any social tool) and tagging or mentioning appropriate experts, organizations and industry professionals
- Crafting social posts on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter about AMA Richmond events; resources and encouraging membership
We are looking for an email coordinator to help manage our email communications for relevant chapter announcements. This role involves:
- Build emails, coordinate content and manage sending of event emails and other announcements based on our target audiences (member vs. non-member)
- Potentially report on email metrics (open rates, etc.)
- Coordinate with programming committee to obtain important event dates and registration links for announcements
- Help manage the communication calendar
Our communications committee is looking for a volunteer to update our website who is responsive to requests, detail-minded and digitally-savvy. Experience with code or WordPress content management systems is helpful, though not required.
- Adding volunteers of the month to the website
- Adding events to the website
- Updating sponsors on the website
Community Service Committee
Community Service Volunteer
Assists the community service committee to help organize and plan volunteer opportunities and drives at AMA program and networking events.
Mentorship Program Volunteer
Assists in the continued development of the AMA Mentorship Program. The program pairs established marketing experts with future marketing leaders to facilitate the exchange of ideas and knowledge. In its second year, we are working to expand the program and are looking for a dedicated volunteer to help it grow.
- Program content creation
- Communication with participants
- Mentorship event organization and planning
Check back later as Collegiate Committee volunteer opportunities arise!
Check back later as Leadership Committee volunteer opportunities arise!