Our programming committee is looking for a number of volunteers to help make our monthly luncheons run smoothly and ensure a positive experience for all attendees. We have the following openings:
This person(s) identifies anyone looking lost and helps them get acclimated to the event. Requires a willingness to talk to strangers. (Commitment is approximately 30 minutes. Arrive at 11:30.)
These people ensure that the pop up banner, backdrop, and podium signage are setup and clearly visible. Requires 2 people. (Commitment is approximately 15 to 30 minutes. Arrive at 11:15.)
In Your Seat Programs
This person places programs in each set in the dining room. (Commitment is approximately 15 minutes. Arrive at 11:30.)
This person(s) helps to coordinate the flow of traffic and answer questions (Commitment is approximately 30 minutes. Arrive at 11:30.)
Speaker Logistics Coordinator
This person will help coordinate speaker logistics, including transportation, lodging and other local activities.
Social Media Volunteers
The communications team is looking for 2 social media volunteers.
- Research and collect educational content to curate on AMA Richmond’s social platforms and write a social post for that content for Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Schedule social posts on each platform using Hootsuite (or any social tool) and tagging or mentioning appropriate experts, organizations and industry professionals
- Crafting social posts on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter about AMA Richmond events; resources and encouraging membership
We are looking for an email coordinator to help manage our email communications for relevant chapter announcements. This role involves:
- Build emails, coordinate content and manage sending of event emails and other announcements based on our target audiences (member vs. non-member)
- Potentially report on email metrics (open rates, etc.)
- Coordinate with programming committee to obtain important event dates and registration links for announcements
- Help manage the communication calendar
A finance volunteer will work with the treasurer and board leadership to assist in the management and oversight of chapter revenue and expenses, assisting with board education and reporting.
- Works with Treasurer to maintain and improve the chapter’s internal control and financial processes.
- Secure signature cards and forms for changing signatures on all chapter accounts before July 1.
- Assists in the preparation of the preliminary chapter budget based on estimates of chapter officers.
- Reconciles revenue collected via electronic payment, cash and check to event registrations on a monthly basis and records in QuickBooks.
- Reconciles disbursements made to invoices and reimbursement requests, as well as the approved budget and records in QuickBooks.
- Performs monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Applies invoice payments to outstanding member balances in QuickBooks and monitors accounts receivable listing on a monthly basis.
- Works with board VPs to monitor spending within the approved budget and resolve revenue/expense reconciliation issues.
Collegiate Relations Volunteer
Assists the Director of Collegiate Relations in establishing a relationship between local universities and the AMA Richmond Chapter.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Establish contact with the marketing departments of the colleges and universities in the chapter area.
- Invite collegiate Chapter members and professors to professional Chapter meetings.
- Assist with the annual Robert R. Barber Scholarship.
- Team up with the Director of Collegiate Relations to visit college chapters and speak to students about the benefits of AMA via a short presentation
Time commitment: Typically 2 hours/month (increase to 3-4 hours/month in March-April due to AMA Scholarship interview and award process.)
Community Service Committee
Community Service Volunteer
Assists the community service committee to help organize and plan volunteer opportunities and drives at AMA program and networking events.
Mentorship Program Volunteer
Assists in the continued development of the AMA Mentorship Program. The program pairs established marketing experts with future marketing leaders to facilitate the exchange of ideas and knowledge. In its second year, we are working to expand the program and are looking for a dedicated volunteer to help it grow.
- Program content creation
- Communication with participants
- Mentorship event organization and planning