2019 Scholarship Applications are Now Being Accepted!
AMA Richmond is proud to support the next generation of marketers with an annual scholarship program, the Robert R. Barber Endowment Fund for Scholarship and Training. We will be awarding two scholarships in 2019: a first place award of $3,000 and a second place award of $1,000. Application deadline has been extended to March, 31, 2019.
For more information, contact Samantha Platania, Director of Collegiate Relations, at 804.249-5786 or e-mail email@example.com.
Eligibility Requirements and Scholarship Guidelines
1. Applicant must be a full-time, undergraduate student attending an accredited college or university in the Greater Richmond region.
2. Applicant must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related course of study (i.e. general business, communications, advertising, public relations, market research, etc.).
3. Applicant must be a collegiate member of the AMA.
4. Applicant must be scheduled to graduate no sooner than May 2019.
5. Applicant must be available to interview with Scholarship Selection Committee in March 2019.
6. Proceeds of scholarship will be paid directly to the students’ college or university towards payment of tuition, books or other school supplies.
7. No applicant shall receive the First Place Scholarship Award more than once.
8. The scholarship application must be postmarked or submitted online no later than March 15, 2019, 11:59P.
9. The announcement of the winners will be made at the Richmond Chapter of the AMA luncheon in April [Specific date TBD]
First Place Winner
Romina Muzafarova is a junior transfer student studying Marketing with a concentration of Product and Brand Management at Virginia Commonwealth University. As an implementer, Romina is always looking to master a new skill or achieve a particular goal. Her goal this semester is to finish off the school year strong with at least a 3.5 GPA, all while balancing her involvement with clubs, work, her internship, social life, and most importantly – her 8 hours of sleep. Romina’s long term goals are even greater – to obtain the career title of a Brand Manager, whether it’s through experience or pursuit of a MBA. Either way, she knows she will get there eventually with the help of her driven personality and support system.
Second Place Winner
Fearlessness in the face of challenge and keen influence abilities describe some of the strengths Steven McAlester possesses. Steven is a native of Denver, Colorado and applies his leadership skills and acumen at Virginia State University in Petersburg, Virginia, where he studies marketing with an emphasis in communication. He continues to grow through constructive feedback and unlimited support. Outside the office, Steven’s passions are collecting hats and snowboarding. His positive mindset and focus on growth inspire those around him while putting Steven on track to become a national leader. Steven is a shining example of the way perseverance drives constant improvement and lasting success.
In 2001, AMA Richmond established the Robert R. Barber Endowment Fund for Scholarship and Training. The fund was conceptualized by and named for a highly respected marketing professional, Bob Barber, longtime CEO and co-owner of Barber Martin Advertising, and a former AMA Richmond President. Since 2001, the fund has grown from $17,000 at its creation to just over $100,000 today, thanks to both corporate and individual contributions, as well as funds dedicated to the endowment from AMA-Richmond chapter events and initiatives.
Each year since 2011, the chapter has awarded competitive annual merit-based scholarships to regional students in the field of marketing. The scholarship program fulfills Bob Barber’s original vision for AMA Richmond to help the next generation of marketers grow to be successful contributors to our marketing community and the marketing profession as a whole. It is one of the many ways the chapter supports marketing students today.
Ready to apply for the scholarship?