The AMA Mentorship program not only recognizes the benefit of one-on-one mentorship relationships, but also group mentoring opportunities to allow for the sharing of ideas and knowledge across multiple backgrounds and experiences. The Mentorship Class of 2022 will be able to connect and learn from one another with multiple program features that include:
- One-on-One Mentoring: There is one mentee to a mentor. Matching is conducted based on goals and interests mentioned in the application submitted.
- Mentor Teams: 2 – 3 mentor pairs will be placed on a team and will have the opportunity to meet together throughout the program or “swap” pairs so mentees have the opportunity to learn from additional marketing leaders in the RVA community.
- Discussion Based Event: During the program, a discussion event will be held for the full mentorship class to facilitate group conversation and learning.
- VCIC Training: All participants will have an opportunity to attend an educational training session with the Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities (VCIC). The organization helps schools, businesses and communities across Virginia achieve an equitable and inclusive environment for all through workshops, consulting and speaking events. Last year’s session addressed how employees can counteract unconscious biases in the workplace.
Additional engagements include:
- Kickoff: An event will be held in October to celebrate mentor and mentee pairing.
- Graduation: A graduation event will be held at the end of the program to celebrate the Mentorship Class of 2022.
Your health and safety is our top priority. In light of the ongoing pandemic, our goal is for this year’s program to be a hybrid model with a mixture of in-person and virtual events. We will continue to evaluate the modality of our program in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Program Duration: September 2021 – June 2022
In addition, pairs are encouraged to enjoy a variety of AMA Richmond events, including luncheons, Teach Me Hows, Special Interest Groups, Next Hours and more.
- Mentors and mentees must submit the following items to be considered for participation: Application & Commitment Agreement
- Upon pairing, pairs must sign a meeting agreement. Pairs decide how frequently they want to meet and will hold each other accountable to the agreed upon standard, allowing for maximum flexibility. Pairs are encouraged to meet a minimum of once every two months. AMA Richmond can provide a Zoom meeting link if virtual meetings are preferred.
- AMA Richmond program volunteers will check in throughout the year to provide support and resources.
Application Deadline: Friday, September 3, 2021
- Learn and share ideas from industry experts and new talent
- Focus on individual development while creating long lasting industry relationships
- Further your engagement in the Richmond marketing community