The AMA Mentorship program not only recognizes the benefit of one-on-one mentorship relationships, but also group mentoring opportunities to allow for the sharing of ideas and knowledge across multiple backgrounds and experiences. The Mentorship Class of 2021 will be able to connect and learn from one another with multiple program features that include:
- One-on-One Mentoring: There is one mentee to a mentor. Matching is conducted based on goals and interests mentioned in the application submitted.
- Mentor Teams: 2 – 3 mentor pairs will be placed on a team and will have the opportunity to meet together throughout the program or “swap” pairs so mentees have the opportunity to learn from additional marketing leaders in the RVA community.
- Discussion Based Event: During the program, a discussion event will be held for the full mentorship class to facilitate group conversation and learning.
With COVID-19 continuing to impact in-person events and your health and safety remaining a top priority, all events, discussions and meetings will remain virtual through 2020. Individual pairs will have the opportunity to arrange meetings in-person at their discretion.
Program duration: October 2020 – June 2021
- Kickoff: An event will be held in October to celebrate mentor and mentee pairing via Zoom.
- Mentorship Class Discussion: Event will be scheduled during the program for all participants.
- Graduation: A graduation event will be held at the end of the program to celebrate the Mentorship Class of 2021.
In addition, pairs are encouraged to enjoy a variety of AMA Richmond events, including luncheons, Teach Me Hows, Special Interest Groups, Next Hours and more.
- Mentors and mentees must submit the following items to be considered for participation: Application and Commitment Agreement
- Upon pairing, pairs must sign a meeting agreement. Pairs decide how frequently they want to meet and will hold each other accountable to the agreed upon standard, allowing for maximum flexibility. Pairs are encouraged to meet a minimum of once every two months. AMA Richmond can provide a Zoom meeting link if virtual meetings are preferred.
- AMA Richmond program volunteers will check in throughout the year to provide support and resources.
Application Deadline: Sunday September 27, 2020
- Learn and share ideas from industry experts and new talent
- Focus on individual development while creating long lasting industry relationships
- Further your engagement in the Richmond marketing community