About this Event
New Time: SIGs will now be hosted from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
New Format: We will have only one SIG meeting per month (instead of two). Each topic will have its own breakout room within the meeting (i.e. for the January event, there will be one breakout room for Healthcare and one breakout room for Social Media. SIG Leaders will lead the discussion in their breakouts.)
1-1:05 Welcome | 1:05 – 1:55 | Breakout rooms | 1:55 – 2:00 closing
*Free for members, $5 for guests
Participants will receive an email with Zoom login details 24 hours before the event.
Group Branding Breakout Room
Sponsored by: Dotted Line
Hosted by: Lauren Sweeney at Dotted Line
Topic: Building a Brand People Love from Day One with Emily Heyward’s Obsessed
This SIG event will be a conversation on how to build a brand from scratch. Drawing on Emily Heyward’s newest book Obsessed: Building a Brand People Love from Day One and her interview with Adobe’s 99u, we will discuss the key principles she details that are behind successful branding initiatives.
5 Steps for Branding Success:
- Start before step one: embedding brand into the culture from the start.
- Follow the why: asking why consumers should care about the product to arrive at the heart of your target audience’s emotional need.
- Create community at every stage: forging connections with people through the brand’s interactions.
- The Power of the personal: making brand communications personal and connecting the emotional tie to a product or service’s functional benefits.
- Start a conversation: engaging in a two-way dialogue with consumers instead of a top-down approach.
Emily Heyward, Co-Founder of Red Antler’s interview with Adobe’s 99u.
Content Marketing Breakout Room
Sponsored by: Circle S
Hosted by: Tim Asimos at Circle S